1/12/09

Two Words - Sock Yarn


Oh, my goodness. I'm in love. I know this is ridiculous, but, I've discovered sock yarn, and there may be no turning back. Berroco Sox has a sweet pattern called Saige, for a poncho for toddlers. The self-striping pattern and the amazing colors are so refreshing, I'm having a blast knitting this items. It is Pattern #280.

I picked out yarns that have more Pinks and subtle greens, A little different color scheme than the picture, but I have to admit

AT FIRST I DIDN'T BUY THE YARN THE PATTERN CALLED FOR, BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO SAVE ABOUT $5.00 a SKEIN!!

I was so disappointed in the other yarn that I gave up on the pattern - if you've read my blog you know I have FOF* and this fell right into the old me pattern of giving up. I was terribly discouraged and it fit right into my mood for the season anyway. So, I went to a high-end Yarn Shop in Little Rock, discussed my dilema and broke the bank for the real thing ... whoa what a difference. I cannot compromise on yarn ever again. My sister is much richer for the error though as she acquired the other yarn and is holding two strands together to make awesome scarves and baby socks!!

Live and Learn.

*FOF - (fear of failure)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't know about the specific pattern.

You can buy this poster.