1/16/09

A Knit Out and a Question about Knitting and My Scrapbooking Experience

I'm so into this now. We were at the Mall of Americas last year for 1 1/2 days, and it was a scrapbooking convention everywhere. My scrapbooking experience is NILL. All of my pictures are now officially in a plastic tub in the basement (up on a shelf). Well there are MANY PICTURES on this computer and the old one, on CD's and there is a storage container on a shelf in the home office of our ministry photos. OK I admit I'd rather knit than make photo albums. But, that wasn't the point.

The point is Scrapbooking crafters, Snippers, Clippers, I'm sure there are names for what they do, were everywhere, there were tables in the foyers, aisles, just outside the Anchor stores, in the balconies, etc. It was interesting to catch some of the workshops, and listening to the pounding of punching paper, the chatter of ladies in line to receive free handouts to add to their collections in their giant craft storage bags. I remember thinking wow a knitting or fiber or weaving theme would be great in this place ... WELL ...

Next month, yep the 14th and 15th of February, there is A KNIT OUT so to speak it's really a Knit Out and Crochet, is that a proper title (hey I do crochet too). Here's the info:


If this link doesn't work go to www.lionbrand.com and check out the KNIT OUT & CROCHET event.

It's at the Mall of America. Evidently I still haven't had a unique idea, it's already being done. I would love to go to this event. I think my sisters and I should plan on attending next year, it's pretty short notice for us right now.

My question is has anyone made the item SAIGE from Berroco Yarns? I'm a little stumped. I'm going to post the queston on the forum www.knithelp.com/forum

I'm about to start the side panels, and to do that I need to pick up stitches along the front back panel (the front and back are one piece, but I'm wondering if this is a typo - should it be front/back, or is it front or back? I read and re-read patterns before I take the next step. It also tells me to seam the backs together up to the markers and there are no previous markers other than at the neckline. I hope someone has already done this pattern and can explain, there aren't many pics for reference. It is pattern #280 Sockcetera, the little girl's poncho, Saige.

Don't want it to turn out like this photo I found last year.

No comments:

You can buy this poster.