6/23/08

THE HIGH PRICE OF OIL

How does 45 miles per gallon sound? Well actually 1/2 of that is what we get when we do these motorcycle trips because we're on two bikes that get 45 mph, each, that's twice the gas, oh well, it's still better than any enclosed vehicle.





I did bring my knitting on the trip.





The first night in a campground, we barely got the tent set up before dark, so no knitting under the flood light in the "primitive" camping area in Beckley West Virginia...they've got some siren happy officers and emt's in that small town too ... so much for camping "in town."





The next several days spent at the Iron Horse Smoke Out Chopper Rally in North Carolina at a race track, 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity, no knitting time there. Actually if I wasn't blogging now I'd be knitting, our first night in a motel in Arlington, VA.





Tomorrow 41 years of marriage - that's a lifetime all by itself, yep, we met in High School in 1964.





I found some knitting needles that I've had as long as 1965. The summer I moved away from Indiana to the Washington D.C. area and a neighbor lady taught me to knit, Continental.

So, I'm going to knit now, pics later.

No comments:

You can buy this poster.