10/21/08

CLOSE UP VIEW OF SOME AWESOME KNITTING STITCHES after felting!

This is a close up of the felted computer bag in "Retro" self-striping yarn, the pattern is made in this one by holding two strands of the same yarn together, I often had to re-match the striping colors to keep the pattern going, but it gave the bag a Southwest effect. This one is currently on sale at my ETSY store at http://www.bigsis2.etsy.com/






The pattern in this one made it's own tweed look as I held Plymouth burgandy together with Patons Denim Meryl throughout the work, it is a notebook bag I gave to our d-i-l before her trip to India.



I designed this one on MS Paint software before actually knitting the bag - the tweed effect of the brown is from Patons tweed chestnut color. The Yellow, Green and Orange were also two strands held together for a dramatic effect with the tweed in between as an accent - reminds me of racing stripes, but the finished project was one of my youtube specials on knitting and felting.




When I made this denim bag I was so impressed with the thickness of the finished project, yet it allowed the pattern to still be displayed. The grommet fit perfectly and the i-cord was 3 strands of Patons Denim Meryl instead of two held together throughout the body of the piece.
This piece is a large tote bag that was done in Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripe) and it had very subtle stripes. Each of these ended up being gifts with the exception of the soutwest inspired which is listed on my Etsy store.






The picture does not give this one justice - it is awesome! Iimssm!

No comments:

You can buy this poster.