10/8/08

All Is Well - Prayer and What's On Your Knitting Needles?


Pray for the world. The financial crisis is an opportunity to hear from God ... our divine providence is from him. He who made us is able to KEEP us! I'm so saddened when I hear that people give up in times of financial crisis.

Today when I was helping my 4 Grandsons with their school work our 21 month old Granddaugter was playing with a little Dora doll I brought for just this "boring" moment.

I set the doll on the edge of the table where a few boys were doing their work. The Dora doll said, with my help of course, "Aven, need you." Aven came running stood at the edge of the table scrunched up her little body, tucked in her little arms, got a very serious look on her face and said, "Need you, Dora," scooped up the doll, rested it on her shoulder, patted her back and walked away saying, "It's OK Dora, it's OK."



All is well.




With all that is going on in the economy, worldwide, and in your neighborhood and mine, there seems also to be a strange peace. I'm reminded that if I stay close to my heavenly Father, who created me, my world and everything in it, then I will have a peace that passes all understanding.



Now, what does this have to do with knitting? Hm-m-m. I actually have a few things on my needles, an experimental leg warmer, still designing some size 21 months fancy ones, and another BAG. This time I'm using Patons Classic Wool, held two strands at a time with size 15 needles, I'm going to try making a very big loose bag to felt, it will be another denim one, but shaped more like a brown paper grocery bag when completed (not that big of course).

For me, a few minutes of knitting, seeing an item coming together, participating in "creation" in the smallest way, helps me calm my worries even if it is just for a few minutes.

Today I hope to teach my 8 year old grandson how to finger-knit. He said he'd love to learn to knit because he loves to learn new things - AND THAT BOY SOAKS IT UP!!


http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=26&verse=12&version=31&context=verse

No comments:

You can buy this poster.