8/19/08

Losing Focus

Now I'm really losing focus.


I have a plan. I had a plan. One, make several styles of Knit and Felt handbags, computer sleeves, totes and clutches, to sell on etsy. Two write the pattern in simple format and sell it as a download item, in several venues, including etsy. Three make a step-by-step video or maybe just a power point slide show with sound track instructions for making a computer sleeve, but add free patterns and several web-page referrals for how-to tips. Four, keeping my craft as pure as possible, make my own pendants and closures...making them truly homemade.

HERE'S MY DILEMMA


Today I discovered NUNO FELT - oh my goodness, it is so awesome, and I'm not sure I want to make another bag without it. Here's the details of the dilemma. I've made a promise to myself that I will not start any new crafts until I have this etsy store up and running, noble. I've also limited myself to a few shelves in the office at our house to these crafts because I'm still running an eBay business anytime we're home for more than 3 weeks at a time, clearing house - simplify - simplify. It's either that or stick a note in every drawer and on every shelf in the house that says, "Sorry, kids, I always meant to clean off this shelf, or clean out this drawer." (morbid i know, I'm just remembering the trinkets and collection of meaningful items in drawers and on shelves when we lost a parent recently. Although going through those things provided great insight into what my m-i-l treasured. The list included several Angels, butterflies, glass slippers and bells, made of may media, pottery, ceramic, porcelain, wood carvings, etc. Oh, did I mention YARN and unfinished projects?)


Anyway, Nuno felt requires raw wool, 3 bags full and a huge preparation space, so it is in my future, but I'm also trying to do all this on a budget ... I've pigeon holed the money for Christmas money, so I gotta get busy.


I'm in the middle of a great Computer Sleeve, gotta go KNIT!!

No comments:

You can buy this poster.