11/19/09

Vintage Sewing Patterns - Cleaning out the stash.

I don't know why or how I end up at the bottom of closets so often. I think I end up in there looking for a specific item that I know if I went to Wal Mart or Jo Ann Fabrics I could buy another one for $2 or $3, but I'm sure I had one (like an embroidery needle or a piece of elastic or a large metal button) whatever notions I need, end up being in one of those sewing storage containers that are never tapped into, unless I'm doing the desperate search to finish a project.


I don't hate sewing, I enjoy it, but I do hate quitting a project in the middle, cleaning up all the mess, tucking it away in a closet and, because it's tucked away, never getting back to the project. If I could leave the mess, work continuous from day-to-day, I'd sew more often, guess I need a sewing room. hm--m-m-m.

The point being, while I was in there looking for a button for a finished purse, I found several 1980's Sewing Patterns for skirts and jackets. I listed them under VINTAGE on Etsy, too weird. I have Vintage items in my closet. I listed a Vintage Macrame' Book awhile back and it sold almost as soon as I listed it.

So, if you're looking at my Etsy shop and see Vintage clothing patterns, don't assume I've flipped my lid, just know I've been in the closet again!

www.bigsis2.etsy.com

No comments:

You can buy this poster.