8/23/10

My Prayer Reminders

Prayer Reminders.  I like pausing and speaking a prayer for certain people, and I have so many prayer reminders throughout daily chores.

I guess this makes me objective. It is objects that cause me to pause to pray.

For instance, every time I load my dishwasher I'm reminded of something funny my Mother always says, "Don't let the spoons nest."  If they go into the dishwasher and stack together they won't get washed.  So loading the dishwasher always brings her to mind, a time to pray.  She's 84, being treated for Multiple Myeloma and Macular Degeneration, so she can certainly use the prayers.



When I'm ironing the hubby's shirts I'm reminded of a friend who had a deep hate for starched creases in clothing; comes from her days as a military child.  Each time I make a heavy starched crease I whisper a prayer for her.

The water in our town isn't the tastiest, so I filter it at the faucet and again in a pitcher that has replaceable filters.  A friend, raising 5 kids, also filters her water in the same way, but she never had room in the refrigerator for the pitcher, so she added ice cubes to the pitcher and kept it on the counter for easy access.  I fill my pitcher several times a day which causes me to think of her a lot, so she gets lots of prayers.

Riding down the highway this time of year the Sunflowers are stretching their faces to the sun as we pass.  I want so bad to be on the side of the sun, but it seems we're always going East to West, I love it when they turn their faces toward us.  It reminds me of God turning His face towards me when I have a need for strength or wisdom.  My brother-in-law really likes Sunflowers, too., so he gets my prayers when we see a field of them.

My sister really struggles with a low self esteem.  She is very creative.  So, anytime I come up with a unique design when I'm knitting or weaving, I think of her and whisper a prayer that she will gain confidence and others will help her realize how talented she is.  I'm so proud of her.

(Remember - I taught her how to knit - now she's way passed me up in skill.)

No comments:

You can buy this poster.